F.C. O’Neill, Scriven & Assoc’s Limited is a locally owned, consulting engineering firm. We have been providing mechanical and electrical engineering services for building systems throughout Atlantic Canada for 64 years. Our Halifax office is currently accepting applications for mechanical engineering technologists.
With us, you will:
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to develop Plumbing, HVAC, Controls, and Fire Protection designs for new building construction and renovation projects to ensure successful project delivery;
- Have a working knowledge of architectural and structural concepts and the ability to understand and communicate with other professionals;
- Actively participate in all projects during design and construction administration;
- Successfully develop relationships with engineers, technologists, technicians, contractors, suppliers, project managers, and clients;
- Co-ordinate the preparation of specifications and drawings, and cost estimates;
- Be responsible for ensuring the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards, codes and regulations;
- Utilize industry specific software including AutoCAD®, Revit® and related technologies in design and analysis;
- Prepares reports, tender submissions, budgets, and other supporting documentation as required;
- Other duties as assigned by project engineers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited institute or equivalency;
- Membership or eligibility for membership with TechNova.
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in consulting mechanical engineering design for buildings is required;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of AutoCAD®, Revit® and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently;
- Excellent communication, time management, multi-tasking, and detail orientation skills;
- Effectively manages a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Able to balance work and personal requirements.
F.C. O’Neill, Scriven & Assoc’s Limited offers’ competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below!
To Submit applications by email:
To Submit applications in writing:
F.C. O'Neill Scriven and Assoc's Limited
7071 Bayers Road, Suite 2001
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3L 2C2